Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cinnamon Ornaments


I've really enjoyed making more crafts with Ivy lately.  She has a bit longer attention span and I'm learning not to be so worried about how she does things.  We made cinnamon ornaments with our little preschool group last week and it was a huge hit.  BONUS... If you bake them in the oven at 200 degrees for a couple hours your house will smell amazing!

CINNAMON ORNAMENT DOUGH

3/4 cup applesauce
just over 1 cup of cinnamon
I added a pinch of clove

Mix ingredients together until a dough forms.  Roll out and cut with cookie cutters.  Using a straw poke holes for string to tie to your tree.  Either bake at 200 for a couple hours or air dry on a rack for a couple of days.  


I pulled out some rubber stamps to make a couple too.  Use ink on your stamps to help your letters show up a bit better.   

 Maybe this can help keep your kids busy while you are finishing up the last of your Christmas list!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm all about my house smelling good so I can see us doing this in the next few days. Thanks Jenn!

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails