Saturday, September 17, 2011

Insta Catch Up pt.1

Oh man I am getting so super sad that Summer will be officially over next week.  It has been exactly what  I needed in a summer and in my life.  It always does feel good to have a bit of a change and we are getting back in to the swing of real life in our house.  Here's a bit of catching up in my fave Instagram fashion...



Every year my in laws grow these HUGE sunflowers.  There yard is the best place to be on a great summer evening.  It is the most beautiful light you will ever see.


My dear Lolo came back for a visit and we got pedicures.  My toes were green and sparkly and reminded me of mermaid toes.  


TOMS fall shoes started rolling in in August.  Hmm I wonder who would have ordered those? ;) 
I couldn't decide which pair to get so I didn't get any.  Guess I'll be waiting for those berry cords...


These 3 are so funny together.  Lyttons birthday is just a couple of weeks after Ivy's so we had to celebrate while they were in town.    Favorite part?  Dreaming of how fun these guys are going to be when they are 16.


Trying out the Silhoutte as a tshirt screener. Pretty cute and it works fabulously.
  
Pirate adventure at the mall.  Ivy got to make a hook and everything.  I loved asking her what a pirates favorite letter was.  She answered A?  no.  B?  no.  C?  all the way till we got to the right letter.  


I think this is one our last days at the pool.  She got tossed in probably 30 times.  Every time making a perfect pencil in to the water.  AHhh.  Pool days.  I can't wait to see you again next summer!


We had to cut our pool days short cuz this little lady got ear aches.  She fell asleep in the cart trying to get her medicine.  I don't know if I've ever seen her more miserable.  :(  

Luckily we had a super fun couple of weeks planned for the little lady.  I sent the two campers off for a week with Grandpa at Mt.  Hood.  She ROCKED as a camper.  Ivy caught two fish and didn't want to leave.   

I took advantage of the quiet time and got a few things done.  I was a sponsor of Meg's Craft Weekend so I got that done.  Plus I managed to squeeze in time to see The Help with a few friends after meeting up for  Fro Yo.  Both were super good.


I love that every one of these bags gets a book in the hands of a little kid.  And I love the new updated logo Heather came out with.  


If Darin's gone that means I'm working at Greenies.  Its the perfect excuse to get the very best mac n cheese in the history of the world from our friends at Cheese Louise.  If you are local I suggest you get some.  Today. 


Then Darin and I switched.  He went back to work at Greenies and I headed to Portland to meet up with my fam and head to the Oregon Coast.  Yay for solo road trips and 4 hours to think.  


Of course I had to make a pit stop here.  It was all in the name of avoiding rush hour traffic.  I swear.


We went to Pacific City.  I haven't ever been there in all my life and it is my most favorite evah.  It might have something to do with the fact that it was actually sunny and somewhat warm.  The whole day.  Which is just about as lucky as you can get when you go to the coast.  Ivy and I got up early and took a long walk.  And I found my first whole sand dollar.  I knew it was going to be a fabulous trip.


I loved everything about Pacific City.  The fact that you could drive your car on to the beach.  Watching the dorys driving up on to the beach.  The pizza place.  And oh man the best fish tacos I have ever had.  Ever.  And I couldn't have asked for better company.


We took our bikes and got to ride around on these fun boardwalks.  I had a smile on my face the whole time.


The best one.  Seriously.


You can't go to the beach without going to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  And you can't go there with out getting squeeky cheese.


Or the ice cream.


When we got back it was fair time!  The only ride Darin and I went on was the ferris wheel.


But we got my little dare devil a wrist band.  For the amount of times she went on the slide alone it was worth it.  {think 30 times.  no joke.}  And those grins and the excitement.  priceless.

I'll catch you up on everything else later!  Hope you are all doing awesome!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pictures!!! Love the beach shots!!!

    I think swimming is def over here too!! But Fall sounds cozy!!!

    Have a super weeekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails