Monday, December 7, 2009

Be Merry


Last year I made Ivy some Christmas decorations for her room.  I used the Be Merry paper by My Minds Eye to make this magnetic advent calender.  Behind the blue tree paper is a 12x12 piece of tin (I got it at craft warehouse).  I used 2 inch chipboard squares and put some strips of magnet on the back of each one.  So each day before play in her room nap time we take off a square and get closer to Christmas!


As she gets older I am going to add things to do under the squares as we count down to Christmas!


I used more of the paper to cover these letters to spell BELIEVE.  These short winter days sure make for some not so great pictures!
With such cute decorations you can imagine how excited I was to find this...


this year!  Fabric to match.  And just in time because Ivy finally figured out how to climb out of her crib so she is officially in her "big girl bed".  I stayed up late the night I got my fabric in the mail from My Needle and Thread on Etsy.  (Who was fabulous enough to have this fabric on sale, make me a custom listing AND it showed up in two days!)


Here is what I came up with.  Here is her blanket on her bed.  This is the first time I did a strippy quilt and it was way fun.  It actually went a lot faster than blocks.


I used the trees print on the back.  I still need to add a few ties to keep it together but Ivy loves her new Christmas "blankely".  And so do I!


If only she would actually stay on her bed and use it right!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blanket and I think I can make it. What is in the middle to make it soft? Do you sew the fabrics in stripes together, then maybe batting??? Then sew all together. I want to make one. Any help would be awesome.
    This is Dee in TX. BTW I love love my clutch. Love the fabric. I wish I could sew as good as you!

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails