Sunday, November 1, 2009

New (to me) camera and a camera strap.

Darin is the photographer around here.  He has been trying to get me to have an interest in it forever but I always say "Why?  Its your thing and you take such good photos."  He had a Nikon D70 until he upgraded about a year and a half ago to the D300.  We kept the D70 for back up and I'm sure he has been holding out hope for me.  A couple of weeks ago he asked me if I would want a lens for that D70 to take pictures of my crafts and stuff-for my birthday.   I said  Pssh that would be like me giving you fabric for your birthday.



Meet my new (to me) camera and lens!  He had already gotten me the lens when he asked me that.  Oh man did I feel bad when he gave it to me on Friday.  Actually he had some guts to go through with it after my reaction.  The lens is an 18-55 VR - if you know anything about that.  So now it looks like I have to make up for making him feel bad by learning about photography.




And to be honest I was most excited about making one of those cute camera strap covers I've seen.  This one is really basic, but I just winged it and wanted it to look cute.  I cut a strip of fabric 23 1/4 by 4 inches wide.  Then I turned under the short ends twice and stitched them with two rows of stitching.  After that I folded the fabric in half lengthwise, right sides together and stitched it with a quarter inch seam.  After turning it I pressed it with the seam to the back and slid it onto my strap.  Ta Da.  I instantly felt better about my camera!  I want to make a fancier one, but for a quick fix I love it!

2 comments:

  1. pretty!!!

    So is my photography that bad that it sticks out from the rest??!? LOL

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails