Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Candy Cookies



These cookies are our favorite.  I hate flat cookies so these are perfect, and they are great for fall and Halloween( I know its over, but its still fall!) because of the Reeses Pieces.  I wish that they changed the colors for other holidays like M&M's but so far no luck.  I was trying out my new camera when making these.  I am proof that its not the camera that takes good pictures its the photographer!

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Candy Cookies
(from Better Crocker fall baking 2006)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups Reeses Pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter with mixer on medium speed until creamy.  Beat in peanut butter, vanilla and egg.  Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Stir in candies.(I usually add 1 cup of candy to dough and reserve the rest to add on top so they look pretty!)



Using a cookie scoop(or tablespoon) place dough on cookie sheet.


  Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft).  Cool one minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.


See don't they look fallish?!



Ivy likes making these cuz it is about the only time in her life she gets candy!



We got boo-ed twice actually so I made these cookies and put them in some cute boo bags.  Yay for trying to be a good neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails